Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ads in my blog

Some of the more observant of you may notice that there's some ads in my blog. Bascially, I'm checking to see how much it actually brings in to me. If the monthly "take" is anything substantial, then I might make it a permanent thing, for your favorite blogger is not financially independent by any means. However, if having ads is more trouble than it's worth, then I'll just go back to having an ad-free blog.

Also, I don't have direct say-so on what shows in the ads, so you might see stuff there that might suprise you. I've already e-mailed the org in charge of the ads about not having ads that endorse a candidate for office or support some social or political cause. Basically, I don't want anything that might give you good folks any sort of impression that I support this cause or that candidate because their ad happens to appear in my blog.

I told the powers-that-be (PTB) that I want all the opinionating and endorsing to come SOLEY from yours truly, and NOT from the ads on my blog. Right now, there are ads in support of Barack Obama even though just yesterday I said that I would not vote for him. Let me say again: I DO NOT support Obama, nor do I support his views. If the PTB can't comply with my request to block ads that endorse a candidate or a cause, then I'll just drop having ads on my blog - so determined am I to not give you good folks the wrong impression about me.

If you have questions about any ads that appear in my blog, please don't hesistate to ask. Like I said, if this becomes more trouble than it's worth, then I'll just drop it. I'll end this entry with this disclaimer:

Views expressed in the ads of this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of the author

No comments: