Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Virginia Tech massacre

There's very little that I could say here that hasn't been said already in news reports and commentaries. The only thing that I can say now is that I will be praying for the Virginia Tech community and the families of the victims - living and dead. Reports and information are still coming in, and I'll just wait until probably the weekend before I make any further comments.

Some things I may comment on - either in one entry or split up into different entries:

* The question of "How could a loving God allow this to happen?"
* The predictable reactions of various political groups to use this tragedy to further their political agendas.
* What can be done to prevent further tragedies like this from happening again.

There are other things as well, but those ideas are not as formulated yet. Again, I'll be watching what develops and comment later. In the meantime, I ask that you offer your thoughts and prayers for the victims of this tragedy.

God bless.

No comments: