Wednesday, March 05, 2008

What a ride! Clinton takes 3 out of 4 states.

In all my years of existence, I don't think I've ever seen a wilder Texas primary/caucus. It was pretty cool - or at least as cool as such political events get.

If you've been living in a cave or otherwise disconnected from the outside world the past 24 hours, Hillary Clinton took 3 out of the 4 states with primaries yesterday, including the two big states of Ohio and Texas. Despite these victories, Barack Obama still has the lead.

Earlier today, Hillary hinted that she'd be willing to share the ticket - provided that she is the top. Obama replied that he still has the lead in delegates. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I don't think they'll share the ticket, because it would mean that one would be "subservient" to the other, and their egos are too big to accept stepping down for the other.

Meanwhile, remember when I said that the campaign between Hillary and Obama is a battle of who holds the stronger "victim card"? Well, today NYTimes columnist Maureen Dowd said basically the same thing! Since that site requires that you register, the title of the column is "Duel of Historical Guilts (NYTimes, March 5, 2008)". Ha! I love it when I'm right! I already beat you to the punch, Maureen! >:-D

Just a quick note, folks - I will be away until Sunday, trying to finish a column that I've been working on for a while. It's about the freedom of the press, and why it's important for our country. I'll fill you in on Sunday.

See ya!

No comments: