Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A wedding and a funeral

Sorry I didn't have a Weekend Wrap-up this weekend folks, but a family emergency came up. An aunt passed away over the weekend, and in the hustle and bustle of preparing for the funeral, I was not able to get to my blog. Barring any other such family emergencies, the Weekend Wrap-up will return this coming Saturday.

For me, this month started with a wedding and is ending with a funeral. This goes to show how houses of worship can be both places for celebration, and of sadness. Much like hospitals, I suppose, since hospitals both usher in our entry into the world, and are often where we leave it.

An important lesson to be learned from this recent experience: Be sure that your children know what kind of funeral that you want to have. That's all that I'll say about this. In any case, I pray for my aunt and for the family that she leaves behind.

Oh, and appreciate those that you have in your life, folks, for you never know when they'll be taken away.

I'm going to end this entry here, and resume normal blogging activities tomorrow.

No comments: