Friday, September 14, 2007

Internship at an opera house

While at work earlier today, I saw a flyer advertising for internship at the Fort Worth Opera. It made me wonder what it's like working at the opera. Do they sing in opera style, even in the offices? Imagine the following scene.

------------------------------------------------

(Boss comes in with sheet)

Boss (to office assistant): I need this memo sent by fax today.
Office Assistant: By today?

B: By today.
OA: By today?

B: Yes, I need it sent by fax todaaaaaaaaaaay.
OA: I can't send it by today.

B: You can't send it by today?
OA: Not today.

B: Not today?
OA: No, I can't send it by todaaaaaaay.

B: Why can't you send it by today?
OA: Because the fax machine is in the shop.

B: In the shop?
OA: In the shop.

B: The fax machine is in the shop?
OA: Yes, the fax machine is IN THE SHOOOOOP.

B: Well, then can you send this by e-mail?
OA: By e-mail?

B: Yes, can you send this by e-mail?
OA: Yes, I can send this by e-mail.

B: Then send it by e-mail.
OA: I shall send it by e-mail.

B: By e-mail.
OA: By e-mail.

B: Send it by e-mail
OA: I shall send it by e-mail.

B: & OA: It SHALL be SENT by e-MAAAAAAAAAIILLLLLL.....

Chorus: By e-mail, by e-mail, it shall be sent by e-mail. (repeat)

------------------------------------------

I don't imagine that they get a lot done, but it must be very entertaining, nonetheless.

No comments: