Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Investment experiment

On December 26th, I'm going to try a yearlong experiment. I'm going to take $250 and invest it somewhere to see how much it can make in a year's time. This is just to see what one can do with such a small investment. In other words, I'm hoping to make this a lesson in economics.

I'm the first to admit that I'm not the wisest investor, but I hope to learn more. And in the process, hopefully you'll learn as well on how to invest your money on something other than beer, clothing, or comic books. However, what I want to do until December 26th is to ask your advice on where I should invest that $250. E-mail your suggestions to me, or post a reply to this entry.

Once I've made that investment, I'll try to post monthly progress reports, and then on December 26th, 2008, we'll see how much my original investment managed to make. Hopefully I will have made SOMETHING by that time. And this is also if we haven't elected a Democrat for president in November of '08 (bada-BOOM!). ;-)

If my experiment is successful, then I'll try it again the following year, perhaps by re-investing the new sum. I'll keep you all updated - in the meantime, send those suggestions.

No comments: