Monday, November 20, 2006

OJ's "If I did it" won't be done

Of all the awful books that I can think of, OJ Simpson's "If I did it" has to be among the top. If you haven't already heard of this book, in it OJ discusses how he would have killed his wife some years ago - that is, "if he did it". I don't know which is worse - OJ for writing that book, or ReganBooks for publishing it. There's only one reason that I can think of for providing enough of a motivation to publish that book, and it's not a good one: pure and unadulterated greed. Fortunately, the book is being cancelled – not because the publisher had a change of heart, but largely because most people found the book and its topic ghoulish and revolting. As for me, it restores a little faith in mankind again, that we still have a sense of being revolted by something like this. Power to the people!

No comments: