Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snow? In TEXAS?

Here I just got through saying that we don't usually get snow in Texas, and now it's snowing! What I'm about to say is the honest truth: Yesterday, the temp hit 80 degrees (Farenheit, of course), and I was in shorts and a t-shirt. Now it's snowing. That's Texas weather for ya! If enough snow accumulates, then I'll snap some pics and post them here.

Let's see if something else I say is proven wrong: I never win the lottery.

----------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Well, it snowed, but because the ground is so warm (remember, it was 80 degrees yesterday!), it didn't stick other than sparingly in the shaded areas on the ground. So I didn't get any decent pics to post here. Sorry, folks. But you should know what snow looks like anyway. ;-)

Also, I'm reminded of something that I once told a Yankee who was surprised that we rarely had snow in Texas. I said that it was true, and until the Yankees came along, we didn't even have a word for "snow". Before the Yanks gave us the word snow, we just called it "white stuff on the ground that ain't dried-up cow (bleep)." :-D

No comments: