Friday, June 19, 2009

Chapter 3 of Benny Baloney

Below is this week's postings of my current Benny Baloney story that is currently going on in my Facebook page. Big finish is coming up!

-----------------------------------------------

I shake down every informant I know that might know anything about where Rhode Island Red hides out, but it ain't until I get to Sammy the Snitch that I finally get someone who knows something. "I want something in return for this information, Benny." I yank Sammy up by his lapels and growl, "Okay, you'll keep all your teeth." Sammy audibly gulps and says, "Good deal. Okay, here's what I found out..."

Me and Trixie are staking out the riverside dive known as the Gingerbread House. This is where Sammy the Snitch said that Red runs her operation. Normally I don't bring Trixie, but I need her in case Betty needs help while I concentrate on nabbing Red. Plus, Trixie has her famous "Joisey Rules Uppercut" - of which I have felt personally, so I know that she can take care of herself. And protect Betty, if need be.

"Remember the rules, Trixie: no swingin' until I say so" I whisper as we enter The Gingerbread House. "Got it." she whispers back. We stroll in and I case the joint as she follows close behind. It's the usual crowd of thugs, goons, bonebreakers and other mooks. A normal night, in other words. I start towards the bar when I feel a gun barrel in my back. I then hear Trixie mutter, "Aw nerts."

With guns in our backs, Trixie and I are led to a floor below the Gingerbread House, and into a large room that has Red standing next to Betty, who is seated on a chair. "Benny!" exclaims Betty. "Hey, I was just having a chat with Red! We've been talking it over and..." Suddenly one of Red's goons interrupts by cocking a gun aimed at Betty's head. "...and, uh - I guess we're done talking now..."

Betty turns to Red and exclaims, "So all that girl talk was just for show eh? This whole time, you were just setting me up to be a bargaining chip!" "You're far too trusting, my dear" Red replied with a smirk. "Well, at least allow me to finish this excellent tea". Betty takes several sips, savoring each sip. Suddenly she hurls the saucer upward, hitting the light fixtures. Everything goes pitch black...

No comments: