Thursday, August 23, 2007

Texas Rangers score 30 runs in a game

This is something that you see only once a century. The Texas Rangers scored 30 runs in a game last night. I saw most of the game, and it was just unbelievable. As happy as I was for the Rangers - especially as a long-suffering fan - I also felt sorry for the Orioles. I can't imagine what it felt like to watch your team get battered on a level not seen for 110 years.

However, some of my local sports fans agreed with me that if it had been the YANKEES who scored all those runs, it would have been the lead story for not just the sports networks, but the news networks as well. East Coast bias thing and all that.

And this was just the first game of a double-header! The Rangers won the second game as well. Boy, I bet the Orioles were glad when the Rangers left town!

No comments: