Friday, April 14, 2006

End of the Week Wrap-up

End of the Week Wrap-up

Instead of calling my Friday or Saturday posts "Odds and Ends Commentary", I shall distinguish it by calling it an End of the Week Wrap-up (or EOTWWU for short). This describes better what I'm going to do with posts on that day.

So on Mondays: Odds and End Commentary
And on Fridays or Saturdays: EOTWWU

Holy Week Challenge

It has been 5 days since I started fasting, and I have one day to go. Wow. I did it. I purposely did not weigh or measure myself beforehand, because it wasn't about stats that I did this, but about demonstrating to myself that I could reduce my intake of food. This was, in other words, an exercise in discipline; and if I can find the discipline to do this, then I can apply this discipline to other areas. Just for the record, though, I have noticed that I've slimmed down somewhat --but again, slimming down was the result of the fasting, and not the direct intent. I'm planning to do this again next year for Lent.

Immigration protests

The protests that were supposed to take place on the 10th seemed to have been rather peaceful for the most part. Had any of them gotten way out of hand, no doubt we would have heard a lot about it. The issue is still being discussed, of course, but at least most of the demonstrations have been civil and organized. My initial opinion has not changed, however --I still believe that the immigrants need to settle their legal status first before discussing any of their rights as workers in this country.

Edtoon test run

I think that my edtoon test run from earlier in the week went pretty well, so now I shall start posting edtoons here on a weekly basis starting next week. Then each month, I shall archive them onto my website. This blog, though, is handy for posting the edtoons right away, while a given news story is still active. This allows me to "strike while the iron is hot." I look forward to this, because I used to do edtoons back in college, and it will be good to get back in the swing of things. For posting edtoons, I shall just post the edtoon with little, or preferrably, no commentary, because the edtoon is supposed to be the commentary. The edtoon should be able to stand on its own without me having to explain it. I'm gonna be a little rusty for a couple of weeks until I get back into the habit, but once I hit my stride, then I probably can post an edtoon at least 3-4 times a week.

Happy Easter!

No comments: