Monday, May 21, 2007

"I'm with the band..."

Earlier this month, a local band named Nobody's Business invited me to one of their gigs to shoot some pics of them in action. Never having been onstage before while a band was playing, I accepted their offer. Plus, I always wanted to use a particular line on the ladies, but was never able to until that day. That line is..."I'm with the band".

It was during one of Fort Worth's annual events called Mayfest, which is an outdoor annual event that provides a lot of food, entertainment, and fun. The thing is, the band's music was so good that they made it hard for me to do my job as photographer! Nevertheless, I managed to snap about 90 pics and two short video clips. Here's a link to a page of some of the pics that I took. You can also see one of the video clips on the home page in a sidebar titled "Video Clip".

Now that I've done a shoot of a band in action, I know better on what I need to do for the next time I'm invited to shoot a band in action. It also gives me an excuse to get an even nicer camera (not that it would take a lot to give me an excuse to get a new camera, mind you). Anyway, the main point of this blog entry is to give the band Nobody's Business some exposure, because they were that good. If you're in the Fort Worth area or surrounding communities, give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

By the way, I didn't get to use the "I'm with the band" line because I was so busy taking pics. I was hoping to at least sign body parts or something. Well, maybe next time...

No comments: