Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Chris Bell wants Kinky Friedman to drop out

It has been revealed that Democratic candidate for Texas governor had asked Kinky Friedman to drop out of the race and to join him. Of course, the Bell camp denies that this is a desperation tactic, but how else are they supposed to answer that question?

I could make an edtoon out of this. Bell, dressed as Darth Vader, implores Friedman, "Join me, Kinky, and we can rule the galaxy together!"

Anyway, that Bell resorted to such an act demonstrates that he indeed is desperate. After all, Bell did very well in the debate, but still lags Friedman, who did the worst of the four candidates. I guess I'd be desperate, too, if I were in his shoes. Despite their denials, it seems to me that had Bell been a stellar candidate that the voters all loved, then he wouldn't need to go to Friedman to ask him to drop out.

You know what this looks like? It looks like Bell is proactively covering his ass just in case he does lose next month. In other words, he's going to pull the Al Gore tactic of blaming someone else (in Gore's case, Ralph Nader) instead of the man in the mirror as to why they lost the election. To use such a tactic after an election is bad enough, but to use it before the election...? Sad, man.

I could tell Bell what he could do to draw voters if he were interested, but I don't think he'd do it. I would say it here, but I don't want to make it that easy for him. But if he can ask another candidate to drop out of the race, then he can ask a blogger for campaign advice. If he's gonna ask, though, he'd better do it soon. Time's a wastin'!

By the way, I had told you folks that I e-mailed the candidates after the debate about having more debates, but I have not heard from any of them yet.

No comments: