Thursday, October 05, 2006

Staples "Easy" button really works!

Hey, folks... what I'm about to tell you is the honest-to-goodness truth!

I went to Staples yesterday to see if they had a voice-recognition software program that I was looking for. They didn't have it, but they said they'd order it, and it would come in about a week. I went ahead and got that set up.

I got a call today from Staples, and they said that my order was going to be even later. Seeing as how the Staples store that I ordered the software from was on the way back from one of my errands, I thought that I'd drop by to see how much later it was going to be. One of the sales folks said that she was going to check in the back about the order. As I was waiting, I saw one of their "Easy" buttons in a display. I pressed it just for the heck of it, and a recorded voice said "That was easy."

And folks, not even a minute later, I happened to look at their software shelf --and there was the very software that I had ordered! I swear to you folks, I checked there yesterday, and it wasn't there! It really works! I showed it to the clerk who had come back out of their offices. She was surprised as well, and she gave me that software and said that they would just put the ordered software on their shelf.

So folks, for once, one of these companies actually lived up to their advertising!

That was easy! :-D

No comments: