Monday, May 01, 2006

Odds and Ends Commentary 5-1-2006

Oops, Baby, she did it again

Rumor has it that Britney Spears is pregnant again. It could be worse. It could be Tom Cruise that is expecting again. (I hope that this comment doesn't come back to haunt me).

French toast

When I took my dad to lunch the other day for his birthday, he asked a question that I did not know the answer to. He looked at the price of regular toast and the French toast. He then asked, "How come French toast is so much more than regular toast? Aren't they both basically just slices of bread?" My dad has this tendency to ask these kinds of questions right out of the blue. I didn't know the answer to that; all I could figure is that the batter that they cook it in must cost that much more. He thought that it could be possible. Does anyone know why French toast costs so much more? My dad's probably already forgotten that he asked that question, but now I'm curious.

Sports

The Dallas Mavericks are one win away from making life easier for themselves. If they can sweep the series against the Memphis Grizzlies, then they can just kick back and chill while the Spurs and the Kings slug it out in their now-tied-up series. I don't recall the Mavs ever being able to do that in the playoffs. They could use the rest, because many of their players are banged up.

The Texas Rangers, at this point in time, currently lead the worst division in baseball. They've shown some improvement since the start of the season, and if they can develop some consistency, then they should be able to make a serious run for the division title. Most of the "ifs" are in pitching, and if those questions can be answered, then we just might be talking playoffs come September. Yeah, I know... it's too early in the season to be talking playoffs, but I think that the Rangers made an important step in straightening themselves out from their poor start. It's a good sign.

Coming up later this week

One edtoon will come up this week. I have the idea, I just have to figure out how to make the artwork match the idea. That's one of the challenges of making edtoons. Also, I shall be posting mock-up web ads of my website. This is in case I advertise on someone else's website. I could use this web ad art as a link to my website. I've got quite a few made, and once I figure out which ones I like the best, I shall post them here.

No comments: